How Full Mouth Rehabilitation Can Help You Restore your Smile
Full mouth rehabilitation, full mouth reconstruction, and full mouth restoration are similar terms meant to describe the process of rebuilding and restoring all your teeth in the upper and lower jaws. In this process, your tooth is restored with a combination of dental work which includes crowns, inlays, veneers, onlays, dental implants and dental bridgework.
Normally specialists such as oral surgeons, periodontists, orthodontists and endodontists provide full mouth rehabilitation process.
The need for full mouth rehabilitation arises when:
- The tooth is injured or fractured
- The tooth is lost due to trauma or decay
- The tooth is worn out due to acid erosions
- Pain in jaw and muscle which requires adjustment to the bite
Another reason is age related changes that take place in your mouth and gums. Due to age, the tooth structure starts wearing out and it becomes attrited and sensitive. Full mouth rehabilitation is the perfect answer to such problems since the aim of this process is to give you a complete dental solution.
Full mouth rehabilitation is an ideal solution to address your various dental needs as the purpose of this treatment is to revitalize your smile and oral health. Some of the major benefits are:
- Dental fillings, root canal treatment, dental crowns, inlays and onlays are used for treating tooth decay and damage.
- Dental implants, crowns and bridges are used to replace missing single or multiple teeth.
- Methods such as scaling, root planing or in some critical cases, periodontal surgery are required with bone grafting.
- Veneers and lumineers take care of anterior teeth cosmetic issues.
- TMJ treatments and special splints address Temporomandibular joint problems.
Apart from these, there are tailor-made treatments available for each and every patient as the dental need differs from person to person.
Full mouth rehabilitation is a complete dental solution which is designed specifically for the benefit of dental patients. It is recommended to consult a dentist for further guidance.
Dr. Orest Frangopol is the Owner of OC Dental Implants, a leading dental office in the Orange County area. Dr. Frangopol is an expert in providing comprehensive implant services that include: single tooth dental implant, bone grafting, dental implants and full mouth reconstruction. He along with his team has a reputation of offering affordable dental implants combined with customized treatment for all his patients.